Tuesday 14 January 2014

Running Week 2 Run 2

Yesterday I went a little crazy and thought I'd have a go at the 30 day shred on my days off of running. Bad idea! My knees hurt like crazy and I woke up this morning with stones for thighs. I set off today with my goal to just finish the 6 repetitions of 90seconds of running. However, as soon as I got into running my legs felt a lot better. I made it half way through my runs before starting to struggle with the runs.

I set off for the Nature Reserve again today, and have found a nice route avoiding the now non-existent path and most of the muddy paths. There are a couple of points on my route where I have to be careful not to slip on the mud but on the whole it's nice and clear with beautiful views. I'm not sure if it's the cold air but on a few runs where the wind was blowing in my face I started to struggle with my keeping my breathing consistent but this seemed to go away as soon as I was in a sheltered bit of the path.

After thinking I'd really struggle with week 2, I'm really enjoying it and could happily cut down the walking intervals to 30 seconds but I will stick with the programme.

Statistics
Distance - 1.5miles
Pace - 12:41 min/mile

Playlist
Emeli Sandé - Our Version of Events

No comments:

Post a Comment