Friday 10 January 2014

Running- Week 1 Done!

Today I completed Week 1 of C25K. After a rough night with Nate not sleeping at all well, he woke us up at 3am this morning for the second time this week. I didn't feel like going out for a run, but it's too early in the programme to miss a day so I pushed through and got myself out.

As soon as I was out, I felt a lot better and I think I'm starting to get my pace right. I decided to take a slightly different route around the park today as I didn't fancy running on the grass as on Day 1 it was very slippery. It wasn't a route I was familiar with and had a couple of roads to cross, which possibly wasn't the best thing as I had to stop at one of them for the cars and I am now suffering from Lead Legs. I'm not sure if the two are linked but I didn't suffer from them after Day 2.

Progress to note, after Day 1 my muscles felt achey (as to be expected) but after Day 2 no aches or pains, I don't know if I cooled down better after Day 2. There were a lot more people out today I guess as it wasn't raining when I went but had been a bit drizzly in the morning. I'm not sure which run I prefer the Nature Reserve or the park. Hopefully when it's a bit drier I'll be able to run more of the Nature reserve which will be a lot more fun.

Statistics
Overall Distance- 1.52 miles
Overall pace - 12.19 min/mile

Playlist
Same as Day 1. I need to shake up the music a bit for next week, I liked running to Rizzle Kicks the most so I might a couple more of their tracks onto my phone.


No comments:

Post a Comment