Saturday 19 October 2013

Made my day

It's the little things that make a Mother's Day; a smile at the 3am wake up, hearing your child say mumma the first time, getting an early night.
The list is never ending. Children always know the best time to charm you. Today, Nate has been unhappy, pre-illness grumps we think. He has been refusing to go to sleep just generally not being easy going which he generally is. At bedtime  I went downstairs to get myself a drink and have two minutes away. 

When I go upstairs Nate has stopped crying and is quietly asking for me. We have a little cuddle and he whispers to me "I missed you so much mummy" I was only gone for a maximum of five minutes but it was enough for him to miss me. We had a little chat about mummy coming back in which I told him I loved him to which he replies "I love you too mummy" that was enough for my heart to melt. My day/week was made by five simple words from a 27 month old. Simple pleasures. 

1 comment:

  1. Awwww bless him! Kids know how to push the buttons whether its making you mad or melting your heart.

    Thank you for linking up with The Weekend Blog Hop

    Laura x x x

    ReplyDelete