Wednesday 5 June 2013

Jamie's Italian

Our newest food love is Jamie's Italian. The first time we visited Jamie's Italian (pre Nate) we loved the food (especially the polenta chips) but we didn't go back until recently. Nate rarely eats a different meal to us, we normally order for ourselves and then share with Nate. He eats really well like this as he always wants whats on our plates. At Jamie's we had previously tried the Italian Feast (this isn't available in all Jamie's) as it gives a starter and then three different mains (smaller portions). Between Nate and his dad I didn't get a look in at the pasta alla Norma. 

This visit however, it was just Nate and myself so I thought I'd have a look at the children's menu. It looks pretty good as about half of these options are on the adults menu as well. I didn't ask if it was possible to have a children's portion of an adult meal but they are pretty accommodating we had a quick conversation about the no dairy, Nate had the Spaghetti Bolognese and followed it with Elderflower sorbet.


Nate's Spaghetti Bolognese arrives. My starter and Nate's main arrived at the same time and Nate digs straight in. I had a quick taste and it tastes pretty good, not overly salted. The only thing I would improve is the portion sizes for an older child I think the portion may be a bit big but for Nate is was way too big he didn't eat half of it. Maybe have a smaller toddler size meal as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment